Samstag, 2. März 2013

#7 Raceknuckle

I have to admit that some of the parts I use are bought but most of them will be modified either way. While searching some hot rod stuff on the internet I found those really nice lights and gas cap:


Of cause the lights have to be changed a little bit in order to pass the German TÜV.

Transmission is a Baker 4-speed, not the 6-into-4 everyone uses, it's really too wide for my purpose. Added a luxury item, the N-1 shift drum, which reverses neutral and first gear order, so I now have N-1-2-3-4. Kicker arm and pedal that came with the Baker I found less appealing so the kicker arm was replaced with the strong arm from Fab Kevin:


"If it ain't steel it ain't real!" Oh yes, but it weights a ton! Not sure if I keep it or do something different ... and lighter of cause. Tried to reduce weight a little bit by adding an additional hole but fine words butter no parsnips.


By the way in the picture above you'll see the leaf springs for the seat attachment, derived from two sets  of seat springs from an American tractor.

Primary is from Evil Engineering. Took me quite a while to get it...



Cheers,
pan51

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen